Thursday, February 16, 2017

My Bullying Story.

Today's post is a hard one for me. A lot of you know that I had a very hard time in middle school from my previous post, The Power of Makeup but I have never told the full story of my bullying. So today is the day my story gets told.

So when I entered middle school, I had little to no friends. I was pretty much starting from square one in the friend department. I changed everything about myself. I started wearing makeup and buying different clothes than I would normally wear. I tried fitting in and eventually, I found the friends and more importantly, the popularity I wanted. I would video chat with my friends every night. We would have sleepovers and then hang out for weekends at a time. Moving into my 7th-grade year, I felt like I was on top of the world. I was hanging out with the right people and the year was going to be awesome. A few months into the year things started to change. I wasn't being invited to hang out with my friends anymore. I was being left out of video chats and I wasn't invited to sleepovers and when sleepovers happened, my friends would ignore me or wait until I fell asleep and draw on my face and mess up my room. It was the lowest point I had ever felt.

One night I was doing homework and I had logged on to Facebook (yes it was cool then haha) to send a message to one of my classmates about our homework. I logged on to see I had a few message notifications so I opened them to see messages of people asking why I was sending mean messages to this one girl. I was being called names and being told people hated me and I was honestly confused. When I finally figured out what was going on, I learned my video chat account had been copied and the person that made the account made it seem I had just made a new account. So this person had sent friend requests to everyone on my list and started sending awful messages to people.

I immediately messaged the girl who had received those messages and started to slowly clear things up. I went to my assistant principal at school and explained what was going on and he helped me get things back on track.When I started my 8th-grade year. I decided it was time to be me again. I started dressing more comfortably, I cleared out my friend's list and I really focused on improving on who I was. I had friends that cared about me and were nice to me. I was finally happy.

My story isn't something I take lightly or something I try to hide. I embrace this story because it has made me who I am. Being bullied isn't a joke or something that is okay. If you know someone being bullied or you are the victim of bullying, please seek help. Seek it in an adult you trust because it isn't something you want to go through alone,

How can you make a difference?
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment